What is a swing space?
Is your company moving or undergoing a conversion? Are your offices currently being renovated? Or perhaps you’re in need of a bright idea but are tired of staring at the same four walls all the time? Swing spaces are the solution. Read on to find out what you should bear in mind and how your team can benefit.
Far from being a mere fad, they are a veritable alternative if you are looking for suitable temporary office space for your team. With a swing space, you can create the ideal conditions for a productive, motivated and creative team while you are unable to use your usual premises or if you wish to launch a specific project.
Do things right
First of all, don’t make do with the first available offer when looking for a swing space. Your staff can only feel at home and successfully realise projects if the work environment is right. In other words, the swing space should definitely not feel like an interim solution.
What a swing space should feature
For you to live up to your team’s expectations, the swing space should be fully furnished. The following attributes and features should not be disregarded:
- Ergonomic workstations: height-adjustable tables and comfy chairs
- Fast and secure Wi-Fi
- Meeting rooms which are tailored to your team’s needs: screen for presentations, whiteboard, large tables, etc.
- Shared spaces for various activities, for example a room for creativity sessions, a lounge in which to unwind, an open-plan kitchen for lunch breaks or a game space with table tennis or darts
- Phone booths, coffee corners, tea-making facilities, etc.
- Cleaning: cleanliness and hygiene come first
Swing spaces are generally ready for occupancy at short notice and work on the basis of the ‘plug and work’ principle. This is their biggest advantage because it means you can keep your business up and running until you are able to move back into your original office space. And there other advantages too:
- Low transaction costs thanks to an existing and functioning infrastructure
- Cutting-edge technology with IT support
- Plan B: you can also use swing spaces in addition to your permanent offices, for example for specific projects, as an innovation hub or for longer workshops with clients
- Flexible durations and simple contracts that do not tie you up long term
- No negative impact on the corporate culture because, with a swing space, you offer your team meeting zones
Find the right swing space
It all starts with a needs analysis. Together with your team, determine what the ideal work space looks like so that everyone can perform their work expediently and is happy to work. Focus on the must-haves and the nice-to-haves. After all, your budget has a role to play too.
Interested in a swing space?
We specialise in fully furnished and ready-for-occupancy offices or project rooms – with attractive meeting zones for networking and with flexible durations. The principle is ever so simple: you continue to do business successfully and we will see to the rest. After all, you don’t need anything more than our office flat rate. So simply plug and work.